Local businesses and organizations who sponsor Utah Public Radio are our underwriters. If you want your business or organization to publicly acknowledge your support of UPR and introduce yourself to our loyal listeners who will respond to your support, please consider becoming an underwriter.
UPR is a public radio station and therefore is not licensed to broadcast commercial advertising. In order to help purchase programming and fund general operations public radio stations like UPR rely on underwriting support from businesses, corporations, foundations and associations.
FCC regulations govern all public radio underwriting announcements. Regulations require stations to provide on-air acknowledgement of funders while stipulating that these credit announcements are strictly for identification.
Underwriting is a way to promote an event, or you can use our community calendar.
For more information on becoming a sponsor contact Teri Guy or Ted Twinting at 435-797-3215 or by email.
*For more information on the NPR audience, download the .pdf at the bottom of this page.
- 74% voted last year.
- 68% are college graduates
- 63% have an income of $75,000 or more.
- 64% more likely than the broader population to own a passport.
- 38% more likely to like to learn about art, culture and history.
- 88% more likely to be the president of a company, and more than twice as likely to work in top management.
Underwriting with Utah Public Radio provides your business with:
- Quality statewide programming that is the cornerstone of the unique relationship we share with our audience.
- Statewide coverage with a statewide audience. 34 translators and 5 full power stations broadcasting from Soda Springs, Idaho to St. George, Vernal, Capital Reef National Park, and Zion National Park.
- An image of quality and integrity for your products and services through programming featuring National Public Radio’s award winning news magazines, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, as well a host of celebrated music, entertainment and cultural programs.
- An association with its’ long-standing reputation for social responsibility identifying your company as a civic and community minded organization with interest in the public that goes beyond simply selling a product or service.
NON-PROFIT UNDERWRITING APPLICATION:
Utah Public Radio will select up to 12 organizations to receive a free package to announce their event each fiscal year. They will be selected for on-air inclusion on the basis of community service and appropriateness for UPR’s listening audience. Spot content must be conducive to FCC guidelines. Each organization will receive 28 spots valued at $700.
To submit your organization’s event for consideration for July 2016- June 2017, contact Teri Guy or Ted Twinting at 435-797-3141. We will begin review of these applications in May.
***Applications can be downloaded as a .pdf at the bottom of this page.
OUR SPONSORS - 2015-16:
American Festival Chorus and Orchestra
Best Western Antlers
Cache Valley Center for the Arts
Cache Valley Cowboy Rendezvous
Cache Valley Ear Nose and Throat
Cache Valley Senior Consulting
Cache Valley Unitarian Universalist
Cache Valley Visitors Bureau
Cache Valley Voice
Chamber Music Society of Logan
Coldwell Banker Gold Key Realty
Common Ground Outdoor Adventure
Dean F. & Bessie C. Peterson Foundation for the Cache Arts | Art on the Lawn
Escalante Canyons Art Festival
Friends of North Logan Library
Fry Street Quartet
George S. Eccles Ice Center
Headspin Events, LLC
Intermountain Medical Group
Jesse Walker Photography
Kemmerer Lions Club
Logan Film Festival|
Logan Golf & Country Club
Logan Regional Hospital
Moab Area Travel Council
Moab Folk Festival
Moab Music Festival
Music Theatre West
Off Premise Catering
Oyster Ridge Music Festival
Rocky Mountain Power
Skye View High School - Sky High Players
Square One Printing
Uintah Basin Standard/Vernal Express
USU Access and Diversity Center
USU Caine College of the Arts
USU Center for Women and Gender
USU Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services
USU Dining Services
USU Diversity Council
USU Honors Program
USU Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
USU Language, Philosophy & Communication Studies
USU Library - Special Collections and Archives
USU Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art
USU Partners in Business
USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education
USU Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology
USU Student Orientation and Transition Services
USU Utah Water Research Lab
Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre
Utah Humanities Council | Women's Giving Circle
Utah Shakespeare Festival
Wildflowers Bed & Breakfast