Local businesses and organizations who sponsor Utah Public Radio are our underwriters. If you want your business or organization to publicly acknowledge your support of UPR and introduce yourself to our loyal listeners who will respond to your support, please consider becoming an underwriter.
UPR is a public radio station and therefore is not licensed to broadcast commercial advertising. In order to help purchase programming and fund general operations public radio stations like UPR rely on underwriting support from businesses, corporations, foundations and associations.
FCC regulations govern all public radio underwriting announcements. Regulations require stations to provide on-air acknowledgement of funders while stipulating that these credit announcements are strictly for identification.
Underwriting is a way to promote an event, or you can use our community calendar.
For more information on becoming a sponsor contact Teri Guy or Ted Twinting at 435-797-3215 or by email.
*For more information on the NPR audience, download the .pdf at the bottom of this page.
- 74% voted last year.
- 68% are college graduates
- 63% have an income of $75,000 or more.
- 64% more likely than the broader population to own a passport.
- 38% more likely to like to learn about art, culture and history.
- 88% more likely to be the president of a company, and more than twice as likely to work in top management.
Underwriting with Utah Public Radio provides your business with:
- Quality statewide programming that is the cornerstone of the unique relationship we share with our audience.
- Statewide coverage with a statewide audience. 34 translators and 5 full power stations broadcasting from Soda Springs, Idaho to St. George, Vernal, Capital Reef National Park, and Zion National Park.
- An image of quality and integrity for your products and services through programming featuring National Public Radio’s award winning news magazines, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, as well a host of celebrated music, entertainment and cultural programs.
- An association with its’ long-standing reputation for social responsibility identifying your company as a civic and community minded organization with interest in the public that goes beyond simply selling a product or service.
NON-PROFIT UNDERWRITING APPLICATION:
Utah Public Radio will select up to 12 organizations to receive a free package to announce their event each fiscal year. They will be selected for on-air inclusion on the basis of community service and appropriateness for UPR’s listening audience. Spot content must be conducive to FCC guidelines. Each organization will receive 28 spots valued at $700.
To submit your organization’s event for consideration for July 2016- June 2017, contact Teri Guy or Ted Twinting at 435-797-3141. We will begin review of these applications in May.
***Applications can be downloaded as a .pdf at the bottom of this page.
OUR SPONSORS - 2015-16:
Best Western Antlers