UPR's Public Insight Network - Tell us Your Story
UPR is a partner of the Public Insight Network®. As a partner, we actively seek people living in our area to be sources in the network in the interest of providing relevant, compelling and insightful journalism.
Or answer a question...
Human trafficking is a global issue, and the state of Utah has instituted penalties against the act on a local level, defining human trafficking as "forced labor or forced sexual exploitation or aggravated human smuggling." Organizations like FAIR Girls the Polaris Project are drawing attention to the problem and gaining support for victims, keeping records of criminal activity and providing a hotline.
How big of an issue do you think it is in Utah? How would you define it? Are you a victim or do you know someone who is? Do you think legalizing prostitution would help solve or aggravate sex trafficking? Do you think there are ways the state can confront the issue?
UPR guest reporter Brian Champagne is headed to Kenosha, Wis., for the AMC reunion and wants your ideas for things to do along the way. He'll be giving live reports from the road in July and August, and you can offer insight on the tourist traps, beautiful sights, suggest great places to eat, or even share insight on places and roads to avoid or how to survive hours in the car with his family.
Did losing a job have an impact on where you live? How does the "greenness" of your home speak to your values? Would someone from your past be surprised by your current living conditions? How does your home reflect (or not reflect) who you are? What problems do you struggle with? Are these issues reflected in or created by where you live?
Utah Public Radio is collecting Utahns' stories about how our living situations define us for a series called "My Address Is..." The series will focus on how different lifestyles reflect Utahns. Your stories and insight can help shape the content.
Are you interested in learning about your genealogy and researching your family's history? Have you already traced your lineage back hundreds of years? Share your experiences with UPR. Genealogy has become the second most popular hobby in the United States. Have you already delved into your family's past, or has the hype made you curious to try?
At our Sounds of Summerfest booth in Logan, we asked artists and art-lovers to share their stories about art in Utah: making art, enjoying art, buying art, destroying art. Tell us about your relationship to art. Are you an artists? An art collector? An art hater? Join our Public Insight Network and we'll call on you when we want to get the real story about art in Utah.
What exactly does it feel like to live with air pollution? We're asking Cache Valley residents to talk to us about the experience of a Red Air day. How does it affect you? Does it affect you? How do you know it's a Red Air day? Are you keeping track? We are just emerging from a record-breaking winter when it comes to air pollution and we want you to tell us your winter inversion stories. We'll use your stories to report on effects of air pollution on public health in our community.
What you can expect by joining UPR's Public Insight Network:
- CONTACT: You'll get an e-mail every once in awhile from Utah Public Radio asking for your insight on issues we plan to cover. You can respond, or not. Or you can forward to a friend with relevant experience on the topic.
- MORE CONTACT: Occasionally we'll give you a call or e-mail to get more information.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: We won't quote you on the radio or the web without your permission.
- GOOD LISTENERS: You'll enjoy an open line to tell us what's important to you, your family and your community. We're listening!
- SECURITY: The information you provide is securely stored.
- FAME & GLORY: You may be asked to help with national stories through American Public Media. Your participation will inform other public radio newsrooms or well-known programs such as Marketplace. All these programs will abide by the same rules for contacting you that we use.
- NO SPAM: Your contact information will never be used for marketing or requests for money. Ever. Even during pledge drive!
- FREEDOM: You can quit the Network any time you want.
- MATURITY: You must be at least 13 years old to join.