On this Thursday’s show I have a conversation with USU Extension Soils Specialist, Grant Cardon. He says that one of the most important things we can do to improve our soils is to plant a cover crop, also known as green manure. It’s so easy to do and now is the time to plant. We’ll tell you what, when, where, how and why cover crops are so beneficial.
Snickerdoodles: the original recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together thoroughly:
1 c. soft shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
- Sift together:
2 3/4 cups sifted GOLD MEDAL flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix two groups of ingredients.
- Roll dough together into small walnut-sized balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook the cookies until they are just brown.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.