Connect with UPR:

Technology

Utah News
6:21 pm
Fri March 22, 2013

Church Fire Sparked By Old Computer Monitor

Firefighters try to save the Clearfield Community Church
Credit Salt Lake Tribune

Investigators are blaming a 1980’s-era computer monitor for a fire that ravaged a Clearfield church this week.

“I was getting ready to yell out, ‘Did anyone call 911 yet?’ and the police came up the street.”

Jamie Monson lives right across the street from where an old monitor overheated and sparked the Tuesday afternoon blaze in the Clearfield Community Church library.

North Davis District Interim Fire Chief Mark Becraft estimated the damages at between $750,000 and $1 million.  Monson says that damage is apparent.

Read more