Most Active Stories
- Naked Art: Photographer Works In The Nude To Explore Emotion
- Preservationists Sue BLM Over Alleged Wild Horse Mismanagement
- High-Intensity Underwater Workouts Improve Arthritis, Study Finds
- The Brink Of Eruption: Icelandic Volcano Could Halt Air Travel, Cause Floods…Or Not
- Eboo Patel And Interfaith Action On Wednesday's Access Utah
Mon March 4, 2013
Rollover Closes I-15 Southbound Near Toquerville Sunday Afternoon
A rollover accident near Toquerville, in southern Utah shut down the southbound lanes of interstate 15 Sunday afternoon.
The single-car rollover happened around 4:30 Sunday afternoon. A 25-year-old St. George woman traveling southbound apparently overcorrected, rolling her vehicle. The woman was traveling alone.
The victim, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle.
The southbound lanes of interstate 15 were shut down to facilitate a medical helicopter. One lane remained closed for much of Sunday evening as authorities continued to investigate and clear the roadway of debris.
The victim was transported by air to Dixie regional medical center in St. George where, according to a Utah Highway Patrol spokesman, she is listed in critical condition.