Most Active Stories
- Naked Art: Photographer Works In The Nude To Explore Emotion
- Preservationists Sue BLM Over Alleged Wild Horse Mismanagement
- High-Intensity Underwater Workouts Improve Arthritis, Study Finds
- The Brink Of Eruption: Icelandic Volcano Could Halt Air Travel, Cause Floods…Or Not
- Logan Rated As Second-Best College Town In America
Southern Utah News
Thu June 20, 2013
Marble Canyon Lodge destroyed by fire
The historic Marble Canyon Lodge and restaurant in northern Arizona was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning. UPR’s Chris Holmes reports.
"Coconino County sheriff's officials say the fire was reported about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Flames and smoke were seen coming from the rear of the structure when fire crews arrived.
Sheriff's deputies, detectives and flagstaff fire department investigators are on scene trying to determine the cause of the fire.
The Marble Canyon Lodge was built in 1926 along what would become US Hwy. 89A near the Colorado River at Lee's Ferry.
Authorities say the newer building that houses the post office and convenience store located north of the lodge, as well as the motel to the south of the lodge, were not damaged by the fire."