Most Active Stories
- Naked Art: Photographer Works In The Nude To Explore Emotion
- Preservationists Sue BLM Over Alleged Wild Horse Mismanagement
- The Brink Of Eruption: Icelandic Volcano Could Halt Air Travel, Cause Floods…Or Not
- High-Intensity Underwater Workouts Improve Arthritis, Study Finds
- Rock Art In Horseshoe Canyon Is Younger Than Archaeologists Previously Thought
Tue April 24, 2012
Man Crushed to Death at Work in Box Elder County
Family members went to look for Mitchell Shaw of Riverdale when he failed to return from work. He was found dead at 2:00 Tuesday morning, crushed by a front-loader while working at Promontory Point.
Chief Deputy Kevin Potter of the Box Elder County sheriffs' office says Shaw was working by himself and operating an older style front-end loader with hydraulic arms: "Apparently he had leaned out over to the side and those arms came down on him. whether the hydraulics failed or he accidentally bumped levers, he was crushed against the side of the cab and he was killed instantly."
Officials are investigating the equipment, but the incident is not considered suspicious.