Most Active Stories
- Naked Art: Photographer Works In The Nude To Explore Emotion
- Preservationists Sue BLM Over Alleged Wild Horse Mismanagement
- The Brink Of Eruption: Icelandic Volcano Could Halt Air Travel, Cause Floods…Or Not
- High-Intensity Underwater Workouts Improve Arthritis, Study Finds
- Rock Art In Horseshoe Canyon Is Younger Than Archaeologists Previously Thought
Fri November 29, 2013
Fresh Folk- November 30
It’s a night of bluegrass music this week, as I feature the expansive new album from the Steep Canyon Rangers, as well as the latest from the Boston band, The Deadly Gentlemen. I’ll also play songs from new discs by Ron Block, The Hounds of Finn, and Blue Mule, to name just a few. Join me this Saturday at 8pm for Fresh Folk on Utah Public Radio.
There are some great concerts happening around the state, and here’s a list of who’s playing when: The Oak Ridge Boys at Abravanel Hall on December 2nd, Jeff Tweedy at Kingsbury Hall on December 6th, Vienna Teng plays at the State Room on December 14th, Jerry Joseph Duo at the State Room on December 16th, Will Hoge at the State Room on December 17th, Justin Townes Earle at the State Room on December 20th, The Piano Guys do a show at the Energy Solutions Arena on December 21st, Leftover Salmon play at Park City Live on December 28th and 29th, and Elephant Revival at the State Room on December 30th and 31st. In Logan, accordionist, singer/songwriter, and former Po’Girl Awna Texiera plays at Crumb Brothers Bakery on January 25th.