Most Active Stories
- Rainbow Gathering In Heber City Ends Better Than Expected
- Paula Poundstone Performance & Reception – UPR Exclusive
- Locally Roasted Coffee, Now with 95 Percent Less Air Pollution
- Lily Havey On Life In And After An Internment Camp on Monday's Access Utah
- Texas Killing Spree Suspect A Former Logan Resident
Tue January 3, 2012
Former VP at Southern Utah University Gets Second Chance after Prostitution Scandal
Today marks the return of a former Vice President at Southern Utah University who resigned last year after being caught in an undercover prostitution sting.
Wes Curtis was one of six Iron County men arrested in an internet prostitution sting in December 2010. Curtis resigned as University Vice President for Government Relations and Regional Services.
Now, one year later, Wes Curtis was among over 50 candidates considered for the new position of Director of Regional Services. A search committee recommended Curtis to University President Michael T. Benson, who approved the hire, stating in a press release that he believes in second chances.
While Curtis' new job involves many of the same responsibilities, the new position does not carry the title, nor the salary, of University Vice President.