Fri June 14, 2013
Family movie night in St. George benefits local organizations, families
Sunset on the Square is a free Friday movie night held on the second and fourth Fridays May to August in the St. George Town Square. The movies are all family oriented, and begin at dusk, though other activities such as food, games, booths, prizes and dancing begin at 5 p.m. Each night, there is a charity who will receive proceeds from on-site vendors.
“Sunset on the Square has been a great event to work with the City of St. George with,” said Dawn McLain, event coordinator. “The community loves it, and the kids just have such a wonderful time. There just is no better way to spend a Friday night than under the stars watching a great movie with your family.”
The June 14th event will feature the movie Life of Pi The Charity of the Night is Tuacahn. Proceeds from Blue Bunny and other vendors will be donated to Tuacahn.
The Travel Connection is providing this year’s Grand Prize, a 4 day cruise for 2 on Princess Cruise lines. Throughout the season 3 people will quality to win each night. The Grand Prize winner will be announced before the movie on August 23, at the close of the season event, Chamber Night.
- June 14 – Life of Pi
- June 28 – Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian – Museum & Arts Night
- July 12 – Ice Age: Continental Drift
- July 26 – Hook – Nonprofit Night
- August 9 – Nightmare Before Christmas
- August 23 – Princess Bride – St. George Chamber of Commerce Night
Special Events Schedule:
- June 28 – Museum & Arts Night – Featuring local Museums and Artists
- July 26 – Charity Night – non-profit organizations are welcomed to participate at a special rate. Each will be highlighted throughout the event allowing the community members to get to know what services are available in the St. George area.
- August 23 – Chamber Night - Sunset on the Square will feature St. George Chamber of Commerce.