Most Active Stories
- Naked Art: Photographer Works In The Nude To Explore Emotion
- Preservationists Sue BLM Over Alleged Wild Horse Mismanagement
- The Brink Of Eruption: Icelandic Volcano Could Halt Air Travel, Cause Floods…Or Not
- High-Intensity Underwater Workouts Improve Arthritis, Study Finds
- Rock Art In Horseshoe Canyon Is Younger Than Archaeologists Previously Thought
UPR Station News
Fri March 8, 2013
Business Officer 1
Utah Public Radio is searching for a business manager. The successful applicant is responsible for processing all of the financial activities for Utah Public Radio. This position will serve as the Business Manager for the station. They work in a confidential manner with the general manager; interact with UPR staff, CHaSS staff, and the USU Controller and Development Offices.
- Serves as custodian of all funds. Exercises responsibility and accountability for all money received and disbursed. Maintain accurate records for all revenues received and the source of those revenues. Ensure the proper expenditure and disbursement of funds in accordance with GASB's accounting principles.
- Prepares financial reports for the station in accordance with USU policy and FCC guidelines.
- Uses uniform budgeting, accounting, and auditing procedures approved by GASB. Prepares annual operating budget for the station, and performs monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- Assists the Manager in the preparation and submission of fiscal budget documents and statistical reports as required.
- Tracks and submits reimbursement requests for grants.
- Oversees the depositing of funds in accordance to USU rules and regulations.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are employed to safeguard the station's funds.
- Conducts periodic training sessions to help staff understand fiscal policies and procedures.
- Supervises the purchase of all supplies, materials, and equipment in accordance with federal, state, and university purchasing guidelines.
- Acts as PCard Administrator; overseeing approval of purchases in accordance with University policy.
- Ensures that a current inventory of the station's property and assets is maintained.
- Oversees & approves all EPAFs, payroll submissions, and leave taken prior to submission to the Manager. Assures that university policies are followed using BANNER system.
- Works with auditor to assure compliance with annual audit procedures.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business related field OR Associate Degree or certificate in accounting plus 4 or more years related work experience.
- 2 years full-time experience in accounting/bookkeeping with demonstrated skills: closing books, reconciling accounts and balances, drafting financial statements, preparation of audits and reports, and use of spreadsheet and word processing programs. Excel and Word are preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communications, team building, problem-solving skills and proven ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and MS Office software programs.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality and work without close supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity, honesty, strong work ethic.
- Two years or more of experience in using USU Banner System & Banner operations.
- Experience in the public broadcasting industry.
- Knowledge of public radio programming.
To apply, visit the USU Job Board, attach a resume, cover letter and references.
Applications will be reviewed March 27, 2013.