Most Active Stories
- Rainbow Gathering In Heber City Ends Better Than Expected
- Paula Poundstone Performance & Reception – UPR Exclusive
- Locally Roasted Coffee, Now with 95 Percent Less Air Pollution
- Lily Havey On Life In And After An Internment Camp on Monday's Access Utah
- Texas Killing Spree Suspect A Former Logan Resident
Wed April 24, 2013
Arthur Brooks and His Book "The Road to Freedom" on Access Utah Thursday
Arthur Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute, argues in his new book “The Road to Freedom: How to Win the Fight for Free Enterprise” that the American traditions of entrepreneurship, personal responsibility, and upward mobility have been weakened in recent years by an explosion in the size of government and a move towards redistributing wealth rather than rewarding merit. He argues that free enterprise requires a moral defense based on the ideals of earned success, equality of opportunity, charity, and basic fairness.
Arthur Brooks recently gave a lecture in Logan for the USU Project on Liberty & American Constitutionalism titled “Making the Moral Case for Free Enterprise.” He joins Tom Williams for the hour on Thursday’s Access Utah. They’ll also talk about the rising costs of higher education. Arthur Brooks is an advocate for the “10-K B.A” and believes that, at least for some, the best path through higher education does not lie in the traditional classroom experience.