A bill introduced in the House Judiciary Committee Thursday seeks to prohibit abortions, if the reason for the procedure is a positive diagnosis of Down syndrome. House Bill 205, sponsored by Clearfield Republican Rep. Karianne Lisonbee, would charge doctors who carry out abortions under such circumstances with a class A misdemeanor.
- Legislation Considered To Outlaw Abortion Strictly For Down Syndrome Diagnosis
- The Utah App Revolutionizing Youth Suicide Prevention
- Bill Allowing Prospective Candidates To File For Candidacy Remotely Moves To House
- 'Truly, Truly Exceptional:' Governor Herbert Celebrates Utah In State Of State Address
- New Legislation Hopes To Prosecute People Who Don't Intervene In Emergency